The Role of ATAC
Assist the Provost’s Office and the CIO in setting directions and priorities for developing, implementing, and evaluating instructional technology directions for the University. (November 2002)
- Set directions and priorities for use of the University’s instructional technology resources. Pursue integration of instructional technology needs and directions with University information systems.
- Identify new academic technologies to be investigated and piloted and, if found desirable, provided to the University. Develop, encourage and articulate the connection between research and the classroom.
- Continually evaluate the instructional technology support provided to the University (both centrally and at the collegiate level) and recommend enhancements and changes.
- Communicate instructional technology directions and initiatives to faculty, staff and students.
- Solicit feedback from the University on instructional technology needs and desired directions.
Innovations in Teaching with Technology Awards
FY14 Call for Proposals
Proposals to the Innovations in Teaching with Technology Awards will be accepted Sept. 18 through Oct. 17. Projects involving collaborative learning and student use of emerging technologies are encouraged, and projects should be new to the UI.
To learn more about this award program including the guidelines for submitting a proposal and past award winners, visit <http://its.uiowa.edu/itta/>.
ATAC Members for FY14
|Veeratrishul Allareddy||College of Dentistry|
|Dave Asprey||College of Medicine||Office of Student Affairs and Curriculum|
|Frederick Boehmke||College of Liberal Arts & Sciences||Political Science|
|Christine Catney||College of Pharmacy|
|Carolyn Colvin||College of Education||Teach & Learning|
|George De La Pena||College of Liberal Arts & Sciences||Dance|
|Joann Eland||College of Nursing|
|Kristi Ferguson||College of Medicine||Office of Consultation and Research in Medical Education|
|Les Finken||Information Technology Services||Instructional Services|
|Steve Fleagle||Information Technology Services||CIO|
|Jean Florman||Center for Teaching|
|Cristi Gleason||College of Business|
|Beth Ingram||Office of the Provost|
|Cordell Jeppsen||Division of Continuing Education|
|Maggie Jesse||Information Technology Services||Instructional Services|
|Boyd Knosp||College of Medicine||Information Technology|
|Dave Martin||University Libraries|
|Sue Otto||College of Liberal Arts & Sciences||Language Media Center|
|Albert Ratner||College of Engineering|